home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Friday, November 30, 2012

Cardz TV Challenge #20 "To Die For"


Happy Friday! Today starts a brand new

CTVS Ch#20 "To Die For!"
Starts: Friday, Nov 30th @ 12:00 am EST
Ends: Thursday, Dec 6th @ NOON EST
Details: Create a card, layout or craft project using 
DIE CUTS FROM YOUR MANUAL OR ELECTRONIC CUTTING MACHINE
Prize: 1 set of Cardz TV Stamps of the winner's choice
(shop Cardz TV Stamps... HERE)
Winner (chosen by random.org) Announced: Friday, Dec 7th @ Cardz TV

Here's my "To Die For" project:
 

 
Hello my friends! T.G.I.F! and I'm so excited because its a new challenge day at Cardz TV.  I just love when Mary comes up with different themes for our challenges and this challenge was to use a die cut on our project. So for my die cut, I cut out the scalloped edge circle using my Pazzles Inspiration machine and stamped my sentiment "Warmest Holiday Wishes" from the new stamp set 'Christmas Joy' from Cardz TV Stamps by Mary. I stamped it on some white cardstock by Georgia Pacific (WalMart) and attached a green CTMH brad at the top. I also used another sentiment from this set in the very front of the card, "Get your Jingle on", also stamped on GP cardstock using momento tuxedo black ink and cutting it into a banner. I just love this sentiment and it goes perfectly with my cute little reindeer who just happens to be wearing his jingle bell harness. This card was so much fun to make, it is a stair step card that measures 5 in a half inches by 4 and a quarter inches once folded. The wonderful Miss Mary created this stair step card and if you want to make one for yourself, here are the measurements:
Start with a 5 in a half inch by 12 inch piece of paper. Score at 4 and a quarter inches, 8 in a half inches and 10 and a quarter inches. That's it! Easy Peasy!
 
Okay so my card base is from Bazzill and the patterned paper is from the Free Bird Comfort line by Authentique. I inked up the edges and the scalloped circle using some Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink. My reindeer is a stamp that I purchased from Great Impressions Stamps and colored using my copics E07, E51, E53 and E57. I used some silver stickles for his jingle bells. The tree stamp was a steal that I got from Michael's a long time ago for a dollar. I colored this in using G21, G24, G28, E27 and YG81.  I added some "diamond dust" glass effects to give the look of fresh fallen snow. I then used my Martha Stewart snowflake punch using more of the white GP cardstock to create a snow scene. I really like how this card turned out.
 
Well that is all I have for you today and I hope you give this challenge a try. You can link up your creation below. Also if you would like to purchase some Cardz TV Stamps instead of waiting to see if you are a lucky winner, you can by going HERE. Don't forget to become a follower of my blog and enter yourself in my 200 Follower Giveaway! Have a wonderful and crafty weekend!



Want to play with us? You can enter your project below or hop over to Cardz TV to check out what my Design Team Sisters have created and enter your project there!
...

12 comments:

  1. You did a great job. Great fold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stepcard design! Your reindeer is so cute! and perfect sparkles on the tree :)
    thank you for sharing

    tfoley55@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love your card Jo!! The reindeer is so adorable and I love the tree. I love how you did the snow. You card is beautiful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great step card! Love your blog!

    www.mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
    Cardztv DT Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your card Jo! Sceneries are my favorite and you did an amazing job :~) DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. The reindeer is so cute! I love the design! XOXO, Julie. :00

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Duper AWESOME Card!!
    Have a wonderful Sunday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the reindeer! I love the stickles for his bells. So cute!Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura
    DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the unique fold and pretty details. beautiful card, Jo!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~